Request for Applications
The Pilot Projects Program of the Great Plains IDeA-CTR Network is excited to announce 7 new funding opportunities for the July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 funding year.
These awards are available to full-time faculty at the following institutions: UNMC, UNO, UNK, UNL, Creighton University, and Boys Town National Research Hospital.
Funding Areas Are As Follows:
Funding areas are as follows:
- Team Development Pilot – $25,000 for one year to support new team collaborations in clinical and translational research (CTR). No LOI required. Full submission due date is November 9, 2020. Requirements available here.
- Team Research Pilot – $50,000 for one year to support existing clinical and translation research (CTR) teams/projects. LOI required. LOI due October 21, 2020. Requirements available here.
- Tech Transfer Pilot – $50,000 for one year to support translation of intellectual property. LOI required. LOI due October 21, 2020. Requirements available here.
- Heart and Vascular Pilot – $50,000 for one year (through the Center for Heart and Vascular Research (CHVR) – only UNMC faculty are eligible for this award). LOI required. LOI due October 21, 2020. Requirements available here.
- Biostatistical, Epidemiology, and Research Design Methodology Pilot Award – Up to $30,000 in direct costs for a one-year project. No LOI required. Full submission due date is November 30, 2020. Requirements available here.
- Community Engagement Pilots. No LOI required. Full submission due date is January 31, 2021. Requirements available here.
Community-engagement Pilot Project Award: A total of $25,000 is available for one or two award(s). The applications must detail an existing or forming community-academic partnership and how the funds will be used to improve community health. The intent of this award is the generation of preliminary data for feasibility and acceptability trials.
Community-engagement Team Forming and Capacity Development Award: a total of $15,000 is available for small awards averaging approximately $5,000. The purpose is to provide seed funding for investigators working to (1) develop or engage community partnerships for project design or planning purposes or (2) engage Practice Based Research Networks to identify local priorities and begin project planning.
- COVID Research Pilot Pilot – Up to $50,000 in direct costs for a project that can be completed by June 30, 2021. No LOI required. Please email your full proposal and NIH biosketch as a single PDF document to the Great Plains IDeA-CTR Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are assessed on a first-come, first-served basis. Requirements available here.
*Funding is dependent on the renewal of the Great Plains IDeA-CTR grant.
Contact Heather Braddock at email@example.com or call 402-559-9870 regarding the Team Development, Team Research, Tech Transfer, or Heart and Vascular pilots.
Contact Jerrod Anzalone at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the BERD methodology pilot.
Contact Sean Navarrette at email@example.com regarding the Community Engagement pilots.
Contact Pam Flax-Laws at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the COVID research pilot.