Vision and Goals
We are developing key infrastructure and human resources to meet CTR needs and health challenges across our network.
- Our primary objective is to develop a robust, networked research infrastructure to nurture, develop, and guide our clinical and translational research investigators, as well as build collaborations among them and with community members across the northern Great Plains. We will also foster partnerships with other IDeA-CTR entities to share best practices in CTR, and become more competitive for research awards as we better understand the development of disease and the means for its prevention.
- Develop the infrastructure, services, resources, and community relationships needed to expand funded CTR that addresses health problems faced by Nebraska.
- Expand professional development activities in concert with the Pilot Project Program to cultivate a cadre of successful CTR investigators who are prepared to develop and implement innovative tools and approaches and lead CTR teams to address health issues pertinent to the state.
- Strengthen collaborative partnerships across Nebraska and special relationships with DaCCoTA CTR and regional Great Plains IDeA states of South Dakota, North Dakota, and Kansas tot expand CTR teams, disseminate existing resources to enhance utilization, reduce duplication, build new programs and resources, and improve health outcomes.
- Create an environment that fosters innovative multidisciplinary, multisite, and cross-entity (e.g., public-private) partnerships, IDeA (national CTR, COBRE, INBRE, ISPCTN, SEPA) and other national (e.g., CTSAs) collaborations.
We will have made an impact when we expand the infrastructure and increase the number of successful clinical and translational researchers working on innovative ways to reach medically underserved populations and improve the health of individuals living within our region.
Ultimately, this initiative will further advance the NIH mission to improve the health of Americans across the lifespan through innovative research, the highest quality patient care, outreach to underserved populations, and premier educational programs in the areas of mind, brain, and body health.