Vision and Goals
Our shared vision is clear: we are building an effective system and infrastructure to transform and advance clinical and translational research (CTR) across Nebraska, Kansas, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
- Our primary objective is to develop a robust, networked research infrastructure to nurture, develop, and guide our clinical and translational research investigators, as well as build collaborations among them and with community members across the northern Great Plains. We will also foster partnerships with other IDeA-CTR entities to share best practices in CTR, and become more competitive for research awards as we better understand the development of disease and the means for its prevention.
- Create and sustain the infrastructure, services, resources, and community relationships needed to expand funded CTR across the Great Plains.
- Develop a cadre of successful CTR investigators with a comprehensive professional development program, pilot grants, key component activities (KCAs), and expertise, who are prepared to develop and implement innovative tools and approaches and lead CTR teams.
- Build upon existing regional partnerships to:
- expand CTR teams
- disseminate existing resources to enhance their utilization and reduce duplication
- collaborate to build new programs and resources
- improve health outcomes
- Implement a comprehensive internal evaluation program to:
- assess and strengthen Great Plains IDeA-CTR leadership
- measure the impact of the Great Plains IDeA-CTR programs in the region
- track Great Plains IDeA-CTR progress goals and performance milestones
- assess effectiveness of resources and dissemination across the region