Education and Training
The BERD KCA provides education and training on biostatistics, epidemiology, and research design related to clinical and translational research.
Seminars and Workshops
- 2020 Precision Medicine Workshop. Click here to view the workshop recordings, which featured two globally recognized experts to present their research with the aim to translate precision medicine into improvements in health care across the clinical and translational spectrum.
- Working with a Biostatistician: How should you prepare? Click here to view a 50-minute video about what you need to know when preparing to work with a biostatistician.
- COPH Grand Rounds Click here to access news and announcements about grand rounds and seminars in the College of Public Health.
- Build your Data Skills: Introduction to SQL Click here to view a 50-minute video on an introduction to Structure Query Language, a computer language used to query and manage data.
Clinical Study Design and Data Analytics Certificate
The BERD Core is developing two certificates in core and advanced skills in clinical study design and data analytics to support clinical and translational research. These courses will be made available here as they are developed.
- Introduction to Biostatistics in Comparative Research
- Design of Clinical Study
- Epidemiologic Study Designs
- Introduction to Biomedical Informatics
- Introduction to UNMC’s Clinical Research Analytics Environment
- Basic Regression Analysis (linear and logistic)
- Advanced Regression Analysis (longitudinal and survival)
- Epidemiologic Analysis (health care data and survey analysis)
- Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics
- EHR Data Access, network studies, and health information exchanges
- Biostatistics Click here to access an interactive biostatistics instructional manual prepared by experts at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Population Based Health Indicators
- The Biostats4you website was developed to serve medical and public health researchers and professionals who wish to learn more about biostatistics. The site contains carefully selected and vetted training materials especially suited for a non-statistician audience. This site is being developed and maintained by members of the Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design Special Interest Group (BERD SIG) of the Association for Clinical and Translational Science (ACTS).