Biomedical Informatics & Cyberinfrastructure
What We Do
Our Biomedical Informatics & Cyberinfrastructure (BMI-CE) core provides support services, develops cutting-edge tools, and offers a rich repository of information technology resources for advancing the conduct of translational science within the Great Plains IDeA-CTR Network.
We train investigators and research team members to adopt best-practices when using biomedical data in their projects, promote using informatics and IT tools for engaging successful collaborations across multiple institutions and within rural communities, and focus on using established and new technologies to improve how translational science is handled.
For more about how Biomedical Informatics is reshaping the CTR research landscape both regionally and nationally, visit the American Medical Informatics Association.
The overall objective of the BMI-CE core is to support the research collaborations of the Great Plains IDeA-CTR by expanding access to biomedical informatics infrastructure and expertise while providing innovative solutions to meet the translational informatics needs of CTR teams working within rural and other underserved populations. The aims of the BMI-CE core are to:
- Establish a collaborative web portal where IDeA-CTR members can track and explicate activities related to administration, research, education, and evaluation
- Develop and distribute innovative resources to CTR researchers including those in rural and underserved areas
- Expand existing informatics infrastructure available to Great Plains institutions
- Support professional development through education and training the next generation of CTR informatics researchers and practitioners
As part of the BMI core, we offer the following services:
- Education and training opportunities for current IDeA-CTR members as well as nurturing future generations of CTR leaders
- Consultation and collaboration in Biomedical Informatics
- Access to de-identified data within the Clinical Research Analysis Environment (CRANE)
- Connect users with Biomedical Cores and Resources within the network